|Written by President|
|Friday, 12 September 2014 11:12|
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A COMPETITION
The call sheet is posted online and on Facebook. It is also posted in the Band Room and copies are available on the Band Room piano. The Call Sheet lists all the key times as well as the things that the students need to bring.
- Attendance is mandatory – the performance is part of your grade
- You MUST turn in your AUTHORIZATION TO TREAT to get on the bus
- "Silent Bus" is mandatory when not on the freeway AND when the bus driver or adult
chaperone requires it
- Show up in dress code: Black band t-shirt, long jeans, black band or Color Guard sweatshirt and/or band jacket, tasteful closed shoes – no pajama pants. Color Guard must wear the CG warm-ups
- All changing into and out of uniform will be outside in the open, NOT IN THE BUSES.
Please wear appropriate underclothing – gym shorts, bike pants, etc.
- You represent Mission Viejo High School, past, present, and future – please behave
- Do not 'hang' with band members from other schools
- Be nice to your section leaders/captains
- Be especially nice to the parents feeding you
- Only students, staff, and designated chaperones are allowed to ride the bus
- THERE IS USUALLY A CHARGE FOR PARKING AT THE VENUE. The $$ collected go to the other school's band programs. Want to save money: Carpool.
- Your student will be at or near Black Beauty, or trailer, at the comp. Please ONLY COME
OVER to say hi fast OR IF YOU WANT TO HELP. There is very little socialization time; students are practicing, dressing out or otherwise getting ready for the competition
- No younger siblings by the trailer, please. The equipment is heavy and we need to move it quickly – we don't want anyone to get hurt.
- We always need help feeding the kids: Feeding 180+ people in 30 minutes is a challenge. Please contact Randy Boone, hospitality manager, or Judy Brunner, if you can help and/or come to the truck when it arrives to find out what you can do to help.
- We always need Pit Pushers. Please contact Sandy Kwiatkowski, our drum line manager, if you are available. There will be a LIMITED number of wrist bands for pit pushers – everyone else has to pay. The entry fee is usually around $10 (more for finals).
- Videotaping the performance IS NOT ALLOWED. Don't do it.
AT THE EVENT:
- You may not enter or leave the stands during a performance.
- Be gracious. Never say anything negative about another band or the judges. A careless word in a concessions line, on the bleachers, or in a rest room may be overheard and reflects badly on our entire organization.
- If you see or hear something you like on the field, let the kids know. Yelling is okay, especially between movements (but not during the ballad).
- MVHS is usually one of the last bands to perform. Awards follow the last performance and we still have to load the truck before we can leave.
- Students must ride to and from the competition on the bus. Any exception MUST be negotiated with Mr. Hannan.
- It will be late when we get back to the school. Everyone will be tired and in a rush to get home, but we still have to unload the truck. Drive carefully, especially by the school. And be patient waiting for your student to get to the car. Better yet, come help! It'll go faster.
- Please PROMPTLY pick up your student in the admin lot. Our managers are tired and want to go home—but will wait until EVERY STUDENT has been picked up.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 13 September 2014 14:00|